Report Outages 24 hours a day: 541-296-2740 or 800-341-8580
Wasco Electric has a 24/7, 365 days a year response to all power outages. Contact the office immediately if your power goes out.
Outage Preparation Tips
Wasco Electric Cooperatives mission is to provide members with reliable service.
Despite our best efforts, weather, animals and other natural disasters can cause a power outage than can last for hours or possibly days.
Below is a list of recommendations to prepare for such an occurrence.
Supplies should include:
- Access to a flashlight, radio & fresh batteries. Always keep the batteries separate until you are ready to use them.
- Candles & matches.
- Bottled drinking water. Be sure to store at least one gallon per person per day. If a storm is forecast, fill the bathtub with water so bathroom facilities can still be used by pouring a bucket of water down the toilet to create a vacuum flush.
- If you have a fireplace or wood stove, keep kindling and dry firewood on hand.
- Wear extra layers and cover your head with a hat.
- Easy to prepare food items. Purchase items that don’t require much cooking – canned or instant soups, stews or chili, packaged freeze-dried meals, and protein or breakfast bars.
- Gas camp stoves, lanterns or barbecues. NEVER use a camp stove or barbecue indoors! Be sure to use any lanterns on a flat, stable and non-flammable surface. Make sure to have extra fuel for cooking outdoors.
- Ample supply of essential prescription medications and over-the-counter medication that may be needed.
- First aid kit.
- Games or items to keep you occupied.