Report Outages 24 hours a day…….541-296-2740 or 800-341-8580
Wasco Electric has a 24/7, 365 days a year response to all power outages. Contact the office immediately if your power goes out.
Outage Preparation Tips:
Wasco Electric Cooperatives mission is to provide members with reliable service. Despite our best efforts, weather, animals and other natural disasters can cause a power outage than can last for hours or possibly days. Below is a list of recommendations to prepare for such an occurrence.
Supplies should include:
- Access to a flashlight, radio & fresh batteries. Always keep the batteries separate until you are ready to use them.
- Candles & matches.
- Bottled drinking water. Be sure to store at least one gallon per person per day. If a storm is forecast, fill the bathtub with water so bathroom facilities can still be used by pouring a bucket of water down the toilet to create a vacuum flush.
- If you have a fireplace or wood stove, keep kindling and dry firewood on hand.
- Wear extra layers and cover your head with a hat.
- Easy to prepare food items. Purchase items that don’t require much cooking – canned or instant soups, stews or chili, packaged freeze-dried meals, and protein or breakfast bars.
- Gas camp stoves, lanterns or barbecues. NEVER use a camp stove or barbecue indoors! Be sure to use any lanterns on a flat, stable and non-flammable surface. Make sure to have extra fuel for cooking outdoors.
- Ample supply of essential prescription medications and over-the-counter medication that may be needed.
- First aid kit.
- Games or items to keep you occupied.