Manager’s Message — August 2019
2019 Annual Meeting
Although November is several months away, preparations for Wasco Electric Cooperative’s 80th annual meeting are underway. The meeting is Saturday, November 23, at the Fort Dalles Readiness Center, 402 E. Scenic Drive, The Dalles.
During the meeting, members will vote on three director positions that are expiring—one from each of the three districts.
At its August meeting, the board of directors will appoint the member committee that nominates candidates to run for those positions. This committee will meet in early September.
If you are a member willing to serve on the board of directors, please let us know. We will give your name to the nominating committee members for consideration. See page 8 of this issue for more information.
Current directors whose terms are expiring and will seek re-election this year are Bob Durham, District 1, serving on the board since 1994; Jim McNamee, District 2, serving on the board since 2006; and Jerry Duling, District 3, serving on the board since 2016 and current board treasurer.
August is a busy time of year for many end-of-summer activities. Below is a list of several signature events taking place this month. I hope you are able to take in some, if not all, of these great events.
- Saturday, August 3, and Sunday, August 4: Shaniko Days.
- Friday, August 9, through Sunday, August 11: Cruise the Gorge, The Dalles.
- Saturday, August 10, and Sunday, August 11: Vintage Dufur Days.
- Wednesday, August 21, through Saturday, August 24: Sherman County Fair & Rodeo, Moro.
- Thursday, August 22, through Sunday, August 25: Wasco County Fair & Rodeo, Tygh Valley.
As always, if you have any questions about your cooperative, please feel free to call or stop by the office.