New Member Checklist
- Contact the office
- Fill out and print the residential Membership Form or the Business Membership Form
- Bring or mail the original membership form to the office
- Pay the membership fee, deposit or provide a satisfactory letter of credit
Opening Your Account
New accounts may be opened during office hours (Monday thru Thursday 7:30 am to 5:30 pm and Fridays 8:00 am to 5:00 pm) by visiting our office at 105 E. Fourth Street in The Dalles (Directions to Wasco Electric Office in Google Maps).
Because the service area is so large with many people living a long distance from the office, we also accept information by phone or mail with follow-up of the membership fees, and deposit or credit information.
- The amount of the deposit for a new member is $150 for both residential and low use services.
- Your residential deposit may be waived with a satisfactory letter of credit from your last utility showing at least 12 months of service ending no more than 6 months ago and showing less than 2 late payments or a completed co-signer agreement.
- A commercial account will be required to pay a deposit in the amount of $500.
- The membership fee of $5.00 must be paid and the Record of Membership Agreement (Fillable PDF) filled out at the time a consumer begins to receive electrical service.
- If a member receives electric service through more than one meter, there is a $5.00 transfer fee charged for each additional service that is set.