Wasco Electric Cooperative is seeking qualified candidates for the position(s) of a Journeyman Lineman located in The Dalles, Oregon.
WEC serves 5,000 square miles serving Wasco and Sherman counties along with portions of Jefferson, Wheeler, and Gilliam counties. Our system provides reliable power to roughly 3,000 members in the farming and tourist communities.
WEC’s main office is in The Dalles, OR along with warehouses in The Dalles, Grass Valley, and Maupin. Due to the size of our service territory, our lineman complete work where needed and work with different crews.
Benefits, WEC offers an excellent benefits package, including:
- Generous NRECA medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- NRECA Retirement and Security Plan (R&S), at an upper-tier multiplier
- Life Insurance
- Monthly contribution to the employees 401 (k)
Essential Functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources, and demonstrating initiative of identifying additional job-related tasks to be done when time permits.
- Installs, operates, and maintains overhead and underground facilities according to WEC standards.
- Uses electric line construction equipment to include, but not limited to, stringing equipment, backhoes, derrick diggers, material handlers and trucks.
- Efficiently and safely performs line work on a pole or in a bucket truck.
- Troubleshoots electric transmission, distribution, and member service problems.
- Possesses and displays a working knowledge of work rules and safety practices.
- Responds with sound judgement to unusual and hazardous circumstances.
- Maintains responsibility for verifying the condition of all vehicles, equipment and tools provided for use in the performance of work.
- Represents WEC in a manner conducive to good public relations.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned to meet cooperative goals while actively demonstrating accountability and responsibility for achieving desired outcomes and measurable results.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Class A CDL/Air-brake endorsement Oregon Driver’s License
- Must be current on the OSHA 1910.269 certifications.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, background check, and drug test.
This is an hourly/non-exempt Union position- IBEW Local 125.
How to Apply,
Submit a cover letter and resume, and application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org