Deadline: Until Filled
Wasco Electric Cooperative is seeking qualified candidates for the position of a GIS/CAD Technician or Utility Worker.
The general definition of work:
Provide advanced level support to the Engineering and Operations Department. Performs a variety of duties including, but not limited to, GIS workforce/mapping oversight, AutoCAD drawings, work orders, inventory, and reporting. Work is performed under the immediate supervision of the Engineering Manager. This position is a full-time, non-exempt, position.
Examples of the essential duties include:
- Maintain the utility system’s GIS mapping database using information from drawings and field data. Perform data collection or verification of field data and ensure the accuracy of maps created in the ESRI format.
- Create and update AutoCAD drawings as required to maintain standards for continued business operations.
- Maintain inventory for electric distribution components used in the field and assist with the annual inventory process.
- Assist in the fiscal year budgeting process.
- Create purchase requisitions and process receivers/receipts for purchases. Obtain quotes from vendors for materials, tools, and equipment.
- Maintain detailed records and reports for callouts and system outages.
- Maintain database and records for various equipment such as meters, transformers, and tools.
- Warehouse duties, including receiving shipments, issuing, and accounting of materials to specific work orders.
- Perform general office duties such as typing, filing, sorting, copying, scanning, and routing of information and documentation.
- Ability to work and perform tasks with limited instruction, independently and at times without supervision.
- Provide necessary information, process, and track underground locates.
The successful candidate will have an Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology, Geographical Information Systems, or a related technical degree program. Relevant experience and training may substitute for a degree. A valid driver’s license is required, and one must be proficient in computer software applications such as Microsoft Office and Excel.
WEC offers an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, NRECA Retirement and Security Plan (R&S) at an upper-tier multiplier level, and monthly contribution to the employee’s 401(k) compensation plans. WEC pays 85% of the employee and family medical, dental, and vision premium costs, and offers both short and long-term disability coverage.
Deadline: Until Filled
Wasco Electric Cooperative is seeking qualified candidates for the position(s) of a Journeyman Lineman located out of The Dalles, Oregon.
Applicants will work independently and collaboratively with other linemen out of the Maupin and Grass Valley areas. Job duties will consist of repairing distribution lines that have been taken down during storms; strong winds or heavy rain or fallen beaver trees, resulting in overtime. Building new services due to residents wanting to build in the beautiful northwest, where a strong community is key or disconnecting members who don’t pay their bill or want to move from our community for one reason or another. However, most of your time will be working to make the distribution system reliable by driving throughout our 5,000-mile service territory meeting our membership.
In addition to working with great people, you will also receive a great benefits package which includes, medical, dental, vision (we all need insurance), NRECA Retirement and Security Plan (R&S) (not many places have this great benefit at our multiplier, call us for details), and monthly contribution to the employee’s 401(k) compensation plans, you decide how much you put in, we match up to 4%.
In addition, hired applicants will receive a $5,000(cash) moving expense reimbursement upon employment, pretty much a bonus.
The job listing is not like the others listed throughout our region, so why not give WEC a shot? It’s the job you have been looking for and our people are fun!
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and application to:
Wasco Electric Cooperative, Inc
PO Box 1700
The Dalles, OR 97058
Electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org