2017 Annual Meeting
Although November is several months away, preparations for Wasco Electric Cooperative’s 78th annual meeting are underway. The meeting is Saturday, November 18, at the Fort Dalles Readiness Center, 402 E. Scenic Drive, The Dalles.
During the meeting, members will vote on three expiring director positions—one from each of the three districts.
At its August meeting, the board of directors will appoint the member committee that nominates candidates to run for those positions. This committee will meet in early September.
If you are a member willing to serve on the board of directors, please let us know. We will give your name to the nominating committee members for consideration. See page 8 of this issue for more information.
Current directors whose terms are expiring and will seek re-election this year are Mathew Clausen, District 1, serving on the board since 2014 and the current treasurer; Ron Holmes, District 2, serving on the board since 2008 and the current president; and DeOra Patton, District 3, serving on the board since 2005.
August is a busy time of year for many end-of-summer activities. Below is a list of several signature events taking place this month. I hope you can take in some, if not all, of these great events.
- Saturday, August 5, and Sunday, August 6: Shaniko Days
- Friday, August 11, through Sunday, August 13: Cruise the Gorge, The Dalles
- Saturday, August 12, and Sunday, August 13: Vintage Dufur Days
- Thursday, August 24, through Sunday, August 27: Wasco County Fair & Rodeo, Tygh Valley
- Wednesday, August 23, through Sunday, August 27: Sherman County Fair & Rodeo, Moro
As always, if you have any questions about your cooperative, please feel free to call or stop by the office.